Introduction to Digital Marketing Class
This class was completed on January 22, 2013 in Chicago. We blogged about the incredible success of Introduction to Digital Marketing and what we learned the week after the course was completed. To learn more about our next course, please click the learn more button to the right.
This course is a full day of instruction that introduces you to the basics of digital marketing.
312 Digital Courses follow this format:
Two hours of instruction are allotted for each content section.
- 90 minutes of lecture and Q&A (some instructors prefer to hold Q&A until the end of lecture, others encourage it during their discussion).
- 30 minutes of small group breakout session to discuss what you learned from the previous 90 minutes and how you plan to apply those concepts to your business. This will encourage deeper relationships with your fellow students and give you an opportunity to embed the content from the previous session by thinking about and discussing it in the context of your specific business.
Who should attend Introduction to Digital Marketing?
Introduction to Digital Marketing will introduce you to concepts used daily by almost every digital marketer. We build on this foundational course as later courses dig deeply into specific areas within digital marketing. Even if you are not interested in all four areas covered in this course, these basics will serve you well as you market your business online.
This course is perfect for:
- Small business owners who are interested in learning how to market their business online.
- Employees of mid to large sized businesses who are tasked with marketing their business online.
- Individuals who are interested in learning a new skill set to make themselves more employable in a growth industry.
- College students or recent graduates interested in learning more about the digital marketing industry.
- Anyone who is on the verge of hiring a consultant or firm covered by one of these content areas. By the time this course is completed, you will possess a highly functional digital marketing BS detector.
Introduction to Digital Marketing covers the following topics:
Digital Marketing First Steps
- Content Strategy
- Keyword Research
Taught by Andy Crestodina
Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to SEO
- On-page Search Engine Optimization
- Off-page Search Engine Optimization
Taught by Carolyn Shelby
- How to fit social media into your day, plans or departments
- Social media is about people – how to find yours
- How to become popular with your social media audiences
- Going beyond the “like” – How to get your captive audiences to act
- Got results? Now do more
Taught by Mana Ionescu
- Introduction to Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Analytics Setup
- Dashboard Setup
Taught by Dave Rohrer
What else do students receive?
In addition to the full day of learning, all attendees receive the following:
- Printed reference copy of all course materials.
- 90 days FREE membership in our premium forum where you can interact with fellow students and receive assistance from 312 Digital Faculty.
- Certificate of completion.
Image courtesy of Justin Wolfe via creative commons license on Flickr.